Developing Hygienic Habits In Kids
Schools are one such place where germs can easily be transmitted among children, since they come in close contact with each other. This is reason why children are more prone to fall sick as compared to adults. Kids are not conscious of maintaining personal hygiene. For most of the children, washing hands with soap is what they understand as hygiene, but apart from this, there are many things to follow. It is the responsibility of parents and duty of the school authorities to teach the children of hygiene maintenance at home and at school.
From the very young age, these kinds of habits should be ingrained in them so that they grow up with healthy habits and also inspire other kids around them to follow the same. In that way, everyone in the society, including young and old will be maintaining hygiene. Here we have come up with some of the hygiene tips which children should follow:
• Using sick bags: We all are aware of the fact that children cannot control vomiting like adults. In many cases even adults cannot control it. And that is why it is best to teach the children use vomiting bags. These bags are easy to use and will prevent spillage. Apart from that, it is also convenient to carry them in their school bags since they are very small and handy.
Sick bags or emesis bags are available in medical stores, or even some schools can stock them up for emergency needs. These are made from recycled plastics and are of highest quality. These are absolutely safe for children use.
• Hand washing: Hand washing is one of the most vital parts of good hygiene. It is very much important to teach children to wash their hands nicely with antiseptic soaps or hand wash liquids, etc. after using washroom, after playing, before and after eating, after getting in contact with animals, and so on. It will be much better if they can be taught to use hand sanitizers also.
• Oral care: Children should learn brushing and flossing their teeth properly. Brushing teeth twice a day should be made a strict rule for them. Though this habit will get improved wit practice, it is necessary to instil this habit from an early age.
• Using handkerchief: A children should learn how and when to use a handkerchief. They should be taught to cover their mouth or face while coughing or sneezing.
• Explain them the importance of good hygiene: Stop your kids from getting into any bad habits, like chewing nails, biting pencil heads, etc. Make them understand the importance of good hygiene. Remember that they are kids; they need explanation in all the stuffs so as to convince them.